The 4th Sunday Social event was held on the 1st July 2012.
23 members braced the cold conditions to enjoy the barbecue lunch and witness the crowning of our club champions and senior tennis competition winners.
After lunch, awards were presented by Senior Tennis Co-Ordinator, Joel Ganino.
The Westmeadows Tennis Club Committee would like to congratulate the following winners of the 2012 Club Championship events.
Open Mens Singles- David Robinson
Open Ladies Singles- Gabriella Ioannou
Restricted Men Singles- Chris Ioannou
Open Mens Doubles- Nabil Chakelli & Jadd Chakelli
Open Mixed Doubles- Nabil Chakelli & Freda Tabiaat
Be sure to look at the phots at the facebook page.
Joel Ganino and the Senior Tennis Committee would like to congratulate the following winners for the Senior Tennis Competition prizes:
1. Most Consistent – Joe D’Asta – well done Joe, this follows up your most improved award a couple of seasons ago!!
Prize: $50 Gift Voucher to Rebel Sport
2. Most Improved – Matthew Giampiccollo – Go Matt!! A member of the Mens B Reserve 3 premiership team, Matt improved his consistency on the court and more importantly, his serve!!
Prize: Brand New Slazenger Pro Tennis Racquet
The day finished around 4pm, and even though no one could have a hit (unless they brought their bathers), members had an enjoyable time sitting around chatting with each other telling stories of the funnier moments in the season gone by.
A day like this could not be possible without the help of others. So it is important we thank the following members:
1. Nabil, Sami & Jadd Chakelli – for coming down early and helping out, supplying music, and saving the BBQ with the tarp!
2. Kristian Galas – everyone’s favourite! Always comes down to help when required. Just don’t get him to clean anything!
3. Christian DiCocco – Another who came down early to help set up. Made a mess of the BBQ Chicken, but it still tasted good!
4. Joshua Ganino – lets face it, he had no choice!